Saturday, July 27, 2013

// day vi

Today. Saturday, July 27th, 2013 was an amazing day. I loved having the chance to go back to City Soliel and deliver water to all of the families. It was an awesome experience, just like it was when we went on Wednesday. I held kids, sang, and danced with them. When we were done delivering water, we went to Juno's orphanage to play with the kids. That was an awesome time! I played soccer with a few of the kids, did some puzzles with them, and sang and prayed as well. I wish we didn't have to leave them there and that I could take all of them home with me. Tonight was different. We talked about Jesus washing the disciples feet at the last supper. When we were done talking about that, we all went up to the balcony and Annette, Justin, Timmy, Hannah, Maddy, and Emily washed everyone's feet. After that we went into a time of prayer and talked about forgiveness. This was by far the absolute best part of the trip. I felt the presence of God all around us and I know that I have been forgiven. Sometimes I don't think that God could forgive me, but He ALWAYS does. His love for us is amazing and it is sometimes hard to believe one person could love me so much. 
-Abigail Paige Stigsell

It is hard for me to put today into words, because so many different and emotional things have happened. Starting off the day we got the privilege to deliver water from the water truck for a second time this week. I love seeing the smiling faces of the children as we sing and dance with them in the streets. For the afternoon we visited Juno's orphanage, and I will never forget the faces that I met there. One beautiful girl named Giovanna stole my heart, and I wish I could have taken her home with me. For debrief we talked and had word of the day, then we went up to the balcony and washed each others feet. I found it to be an extremely amazing experience. We then talked about being forgiven and giving forgiveness. We prayed for each other, and I will never forget those moments that we shared as a family. I want to say Happy Birthday to my amazing and beautiful Doni and Auntie Roni. I love you two to the moon and back times one million. I am so blessed to have both of you in my life.
-Morgan Kate Abbott

When I think this trip can't get any better, it always does. I was so excited for today because we got to go back to Cite Soliel and deliver water again. This experience was a little different, however, because at our first stop we had to leave without emptying the truck. After we were done, we went and filled the truck again, then headed off to our last stop. At this stop, a girl named Shelly came and asked me my name and just stayed with me. At one point I had a bunch of kids around me and I just danced and smiled with all of them. After this stop we headed off to Juno's orphanage. Literally before my feet hit the ground when getting out of the Tap-Tap a girl grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. I couldn't pronounce her name but I found out she was 14. We put together a puzzle, blew bubbles, played soccer, and just hung out together. I loved how calm and peaceful being there was. After we got a tour, we sang and danced with the kids which was so much fun. Leaving was so hard, and we all took pictures and gave kisses and hugs. When we got back to the guesthouse we all showered, a lot of us napped, and we all just hung out till dinner. After pictures and debrief, Annette read from the Bible and told us to go up to the roof. Annette and Justin washed the graduated seniors' feet, and they washed all of the younger students'. Emily Johnson washed mine and prayed for me after, which was one of the coolest moments of my life. I also had the privilege of washing Annette's feet, as I felt God was calling me to do. I loved that moment with one of my biggest role models and I will never forget it. During worship, Annette challenged us to know we are forgiven and to accept God's forgiveness. This was really hard for a lot of us, but I feel that The Lord helped me understand His forgiveness tonight. This day was absolutely beautiful and one I will carry with me forever. The Lord our Father is here with all of us and we can always feel Him working. We send love back home and ask for prayers as we finish up here in Haiti and head back to all of you on Monday. Hope all is well!
~Kenzie Korsi

// tomorrow, we head to grace village for 
their church gathering & then we head into the mountains to catch some breath-taking views...










1 comment:

  1. So good to "hear" your words and know that things are ok. I cannot imagine the emotions you are feeling, the images you are seeing and experiences you are having. I am sure you have emotions and thoughts bouncing around in your head that you will have to settle and find a place for in your mind and heart. I am grateful for those around you ...that you are all doing this together and will have each other to connect with when you get home. I can't wait to see your beautiful smile, wrap my arms around you and soak up all the details you want to share. Travel safe Migli, loves...loves...loves.

    ReplyDelete