Saturday, August 9, 2014

hey guys im actually alive

going back to Haiti i had the intention of blogging everynight, but as most people would know my bed got the best of me. I am proud to say i only got sick once on this trip and I stayed home to rest up. I slept for 32 hours; and boy did it feel good. Returning to Haiti for the second time has really just made my love for the country grow even more (I didnt think that was possible!) I am positive that my future in the medical field is much needed as the people living here dont have access or the money to the proper medical care. I have also had another vision of bringing my father down here come Janurary for the adult trip. Hes always been talking about going on a joint mission trip and i feel this would be the best oppurenity for it to occur. I want him to see what has been shaping my decisions for the future along with my overall love for the people and culture. The children here have really touched me. working as a full time daycare worker and nanny you could say i am incredibly amazing with children. Leaving all these children is going to be so so hard for me. I loved each and every one that i was blessed to be able to hold. I made it my mission to kiss as many babies as humanly possible. Hopefully I dont get sick ( i mean sicker) I am counting down the days until i am able to see these beautiful faces again.

XOXO
emily 

No comments:

Post a Comment